Donald Budge Bsc CEng DARM (SMTO)
01368 869983 / 07905 321118
Over the past 12 years, I have been practicing as a full time Advanced Remedial Massage Therapist in Edinburgh, Perth and Dunbar. Typical conditions which respond to Advanced Remedial Massage techniques include; back pain, sometimes referred to as "lumbago" or "sciatica"; shoulder complaints, sometimes referred to as "frozen shoulder"; headaches, migraine, neck and shoulder stiffness, mostly brought about by stress induced tension; joint stiffness and mobilisation, particularly the hips; muscle spasm; repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and general sports injuries. Advanced Remedial Massage Techniques employed include; muscle energy; positional release, neuromuscular, myofascial release and deep tissue massage.
Course leader, lecturer and tutor with Scottish Massage Schools 2002 - 2005 and 2011 - 2014.
Evening and weekend appointments available. Home visits can also be arranged by appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Swedish Massage (DSM) Scottish Massage Schools 1999
- Diploma in Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy (RMT) Scottish Massage Schools 2000
- Diploma in Advanced Remedial Massage Therapy (DARM) Scottish Massage Schools 2002
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy Upledger Institute in Perth 2001
- Professional Development Award Workplace Assessment using Direct and Indirect Methods - SCQF 8
- Batchelor of Science Degree in Engineering (BSc) Heriot Watt University 1974
- Sports Therapist supporting the 2000 Youth Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh
- Pink Ribbon Walk in aid of breast cancer at Scone 2012-14
- Eight week contract with the Riverdance Company in Edinburgh while on UK tour
- Contract with the Johann Strause Gala Tour Dance Company in Glasgow when on UK tour
- Voluntary support to the Butterfly Trust to treat sufferers of Cystic Fibrosis at Nine Wells Hospital
- Internet Site: www.webhealth.co.uk - A Case Study in Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy
- An Essay on Energies: Published in the SMTO "On the Massage Scene"
Competitive rates on application of appointment.
Maps & Directions