I am a Modern Pilates Teacher with specialism in spine/shoulder/hip and knee conditions, Dru Yoga teacher, GP Referral Exercise Therapist (REPS level 4) with specialism in low back pain and Hanna Somatics Movement Coach. I deliver 1:1 training, classes and workshops on stress reduction, back care, the release of muscular tension and chronic pain management and rehabilitation. I also offer postural analysis and bespoke training programmes. I am currently training in Somatics to clinical level with world renowned Clinical Somatics teacher and trainer, Martha Peterson. I now offer Clinical Somatic sessions as a trainee.
Hanna Somatics is neuro-muscular movement re-education. It is sensory motor training (with a heritage in the Feldenkrais Method and Alexander Technique)that works at the level of the brain cortex on injury, spasm, unconscious stress responses and muscular amnesia to produce physiological changes. Muscles regain their length and pressure around joints is relieved. Mobility is restored and pain is alleviated and eliminated.
The system is based on 3 stress reflexes. When reproduced over and over again in the body, these reflexes become unconscious and hold entire chains of muscles throughout the body in unconscious tension. Through somatic exercises an individual becomes conscious of this tension and is able to achieve neuromuscular repatterning.
The movements are simple to do and the most effective pain relief that I have EVER encountered. I love my yoga and pilates, but they don't touch somatic exercises for pain relief. Put simply, they are the magic bullet to muscular pain and tightness.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Modern Pilates: Level 3 Teacher (Northern Fitness and Education)
- Modern Pilates: Pilates and Pregnancy (Northern Fitness and Education)
- Modern Pilates and Spinal Conditions (Northern Fitness and Education)
- Modern Pilates and Shoulder Stability (Professional Fitness and Education PFE)
- Diagnostic Pilates 1 - Postural Assessment and Shoulder Stability (PFE)
- Specialist Pilates - Hip and Knee (PFE)
- Diagnostic Pilates 2: Pelvis and Lower Limb (PFE)
- Dru Yoga Teacher Training (Dru Yoga Leeds)
- GP Referral - Focus Education and Training
- Level 4 Low Back Pain - Focus Education and Training (pending)
- Somatics Exercise Coach - Martha Peterson, Essential Somatics
- Clinical Somatic Educator in training (since Feb 2015)
Other available therapies
Hanna Somatics, somatics, neuromuscular therapy, neuro-muscular re-education, Exercise Therapy, CYQ Level 3 GP Exercise Referral, AIQ Level 4 Back Pain Exercise Specialist, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais Method, physical therapist, Feldenkrais. embodiment, neuroscience
Photos & videos
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
|Other languages:||Spanish, French, German|
Weekdays during school hours. Late appointments Tuesdays and Thursdays. Saturday morning appointments.