Rudry Parish Hall
& Mindfulness And Wellbeing Centre
Mindfulness And Wellbeing Centre
2a-4a Cardiff Road
My name is Cathrine and I have been practicing yoga for over 15 years. I am a qualified British Wheel of Yoga teacher, have undertaken enhanced training & gained a Post Graduate Certificate in teaching. I have a belief and passion for Yoga.
Yoga attempts to balance mind and body by following a sequence of physical exercises, or "asanas", controlled breathing or "Pranyama"; and the calming of the mind through relaxation. Asanas help you to improve posture, balance, suppleness & strength. Regular practice of Vinyasa yoga flow provides an excellent cardio vascular work out, improves the body's physical health and helps the person cope with internal and external stress. Yoga is suitable for all. Young and old, male or female, for those who exercise regularly and those who do not. The pace of practice is controlled by the individual and there are many variations of each posture so that everyone will physically benefit from attending a class. I provide three classes:
- VINYASA FLOW to accommodate those who want a continuous fast flowing Ashtanga based yoga. Sometimes called 'power' or 'cardio' yoga.
- DYNAMIC HATHA for those who seek a moderately challenging hatha yoga
- RELAXATION & REPAIR HATHA for those in search of a gentle, slow paced hatha yoga
ONE TO ONE YOGA SESSIONS
What are the benefits of one to one or, or one to two sessions? Private sessions can help you develop and enhance all aspects of your yoga practice - asana, breath work, relaxation and meditation If you have a particular difficulty with one aspect of your practice, a private session may unlock your potential and help move you forward. If you are new to yoga and would like to gain a foundation before entering a class environment, a one to one/two session is ideal. It you have a particular health concern or are recovering from injury one to one sessions can be tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
My name is Cathrine and I have been practising yoga for over 15 years. I am a qualified British Wheel of Yoga teacher, have undertaken enhanced training & gained a Post Graduate Certificate in teaching. I have a belief and passion for Yoga.
Yoga can be integrated into all aspects of life. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, it is only recently that the Western world has realised how beneficial yoga is to both physical health and mental well being. As a Registered nurse with over 25 years experience,and having undertaken additional health & emergency care related qualifications, including Midwifery and Advanced Life Support; my background is very science based, consequently I came to yoga with a very analytical mind. Since engaging in the practice I have found evidence to support the many claims made about yoga and how it benefits the individual at all stages of their lives. I have both personal and professional experience of the health, fitness and well being that yoga can bring to you, whatever your age or ability.
I hope that you will take the opportunity to investigate the benefits of yoga for yourself. Of course, you are more than welcome to call me or pop into one of my classes....but if these are not for you .....have a look for other classes in your locality, generally, there is a class, day and time to suit everyone .......
Thanks for reading
Other available therapies
Yoga , Dynamic yoga , Hot Yoga, Vinyasa yoga ; ashtanga yoga; Hatha Yoga, yoga for pregnancy Fitness yoga, Pranayama , meditation
- Mindfulness & WellBeing Cetre Cardiff road Caerphilly MONDAY
- vinyasa Yoga Flow 6-7pm suitable for those looking for a fast paced class which will help fitness, strength and flexibility
- Rudry Parish Hall WEDNESDAY
- Dynamic Hatha Yoga 6.15-715pm suitable for all levels
- Vinyasa Yoga Flow 7.20 -8.30pm suitable for those looking for a fast paced class which will help fitness, strength and flexibility
Drop in class price £6.00 (reduced rate for block booking £20 for 5 weeks )
ONE TO ONE SESSIONS
One to one Sessions :
- £25 per hour 5mile travel FOC (please note due to raising costs travel time will also be charged at the hourly rate and mileage at 25p per mile) for sessions in your own home
- Block book 8 sessions for £150
- One to two Sessions : £40 per hour 5 mile travel FOC (please note due to raising costs travel time will also be charged at the hourly rate plus 25p per mile) for sessions in your own home
- Block book 8 sessions for £225(Room/hall hire can also be arranged at additional cost- which can work out cheaper if you are willing to travel to Rudry or Cearphilly centre)
These unique Gift Vouchers are the perfect gift for both Christmas and Birthdays. As you can see they are professionally colour printed and will make a lovely individual gift perfect for male of female, young or old, those looking for gentle hatha yoga and relaxation or those looking for a fast paced fitness yoga, rejuvenation or relaxation, giving someone the opportunity to experience yoga can lead them to a gift that can really last a life. They enable the recipient to :
- choose which class to attend - any type of yoga
- on any day
- at any venue
- over a 6 month period (Christmas Gift valid until 30 June the following year)
- £30 for a 6 class voucher
- £50 for a 10 class voucher
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions