Catherine Wells, Forest Bank Therapies
Catherine Wells at Forest Bank Therapies, offers a variety of Complementary therapies, all individually tailored to your specific needs. I am an experienced General complementary Therapist, and if you would like to have a chat for more information on any of the Therapies listed please do not hesitate to contact me. I usually operate on a home visit basis but a clinic can be available if necessary.
- Bowen Therapy is ideal to use for many muscular skeletal conditions, and is a very gentle treatment suitable for everyone. Gentle moves are made over specific muscles, tendon, and nerves. This can be performed through thin clothing, usually 3 initial treatments are enough with possible regular follow on maintenance treatments if requested. Although the procedure is gentle it can be very powerful and effective treatment for unresolved pain that involves muscles and the skeletal system. Various back problems are a common presentation as are trapped nerves, pulled muscles and ligaments, general stiffness and postural problems. Asthma also usually responds well to Bowen as the Diaphragm is also a muscle.
- General Reflexology and Fertility and Maternity is usually an extremely relaxing treatment for most and may be used pre, during and post pregnancy or other times when a general increase in wellbeing is sought. This treatment can also be used for children and I have recently completed hands on research with a local primary school, working with children displaying a variety of psychological issues.
- Babies & Toddler reflexology classes. Learn how to calm your baby during difficult times, such as teething, colic, digestive problems or restlessness. Using gentle reflexology moves on their feet you can feel a closer bond with your child.Toddler tantrums? Using the hands this time we can use similar techniques to the baby reflexology to help with challenging situations. Can be offered as 3 x1hr tuition over 3 weeks on a one to one basis or get some other mums together to help split the costs.
- Indian Head Massage uses Ayurvedic principles and again is usually a very relaxing treatment, concentrating on the arms, upper back, shoulders and head, various types of massage techniques are used to create a 'releasing' type of experience.
- Hopi Ear Candle treatment takes about an hour and also includes a gentle massage around the ear during the procedure. The client lies on a bed on their side then the turns onto the other. It is generally a warm comforting experience. The treatment works by gently stimulating the ear to repel any build up of wax.
- As a Clinical Aromatherapist, I am qualified to mix suitable Essential oils to benefit the client. These can be applied during some of my therapies if requested such as Reflexology and Indian head Massage. This can help to increase the wellbeing of the client during and after treatment.
- Essential oil Roll-ons. These can be made to order using your favourite oils, or for a specific condition. £9.50 each. Lovely as gifts!
- Aromatherapy Workshops, I run these regularly for lots of different groups of different sizes and ages and these can be geared up for individual situations. A workshop usually runs for two hours and covers the history, various applications and safety of Oils although all areas are covered in some degree. This is a fun two hours and includes a smell test and mixing a choice of essentials oils to practice hand reflexology on each other.
- Guided Meditation. I am a qualified meditation teacher and offer home visits over six weeks, where we will go through various meditations and tailor the course depending on the outcome required. This can be shared with friends to help split the cost.
- The above courses are very popular and are a great idea for a 'hen do', birthday, or just a group of friends to have a great fun get together. Groups upto 15 can be accommodated and can be in a venue of your choice or the Coldwell Activity Centre, nr Colne, which also provides refreshments.
- Neal's Yard Organic Remedies Consultant. If you wish to purchase any organic Essential Oils or would like to see a catalogue or have a party of your own please contact me, Catherine Wells. Or visit my NYR site where you can order directly https://uk.nyrorganic.com/shop/catherinewells
Training, qualifications & experience
- Federation of Holistic Therapies. (member)
- European College of Bowen Studies,
- VTCT, L 3 Reflexology,
- Zen Training Maternity and Fertility Reflexology,
- VTCT Clinical Aromatherapy L3 ,
- City & Guilds Body massage L3
- City & Guilds Indian head massage L3
- Gateway diploma certificate in Meditation tuition.
- Baby Reflex, baby and toddler reflexology tuition.
- ABC First Aid Training
- PTTLS Adult Teaching qualification
- DBS disclosure certificate
- Bowen Technique therapy £35
- Reflexology £35 (1hr) fertility £40
- Indian Head massage £35 (1hr)
- Clinical Aromatherapy service, personalised mixed oils rollons, Essential oils wax candles £10 (enquire)
- Hopi Candles £30 (1hr)
- Essential Oil Roll-ons. £9.50 (made to order)
- Guided Meditation and baby & toddler reflex £35 hr
- Aromatherapy workshops from £75
- + travelling expenses
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
A range of appointment times available to suit.