Muscle Balance is owned and run by Caroline Telfer, professional soft tissue therapist, who specialises in sports & remedial, deep tissue, pregnancy and post natal massage. She runs clinics in Hurstpierpoint and Crawley, West Sussex.
Muscle Balance provides highly skilled, bespoke massage solutions. Whether you require a massage to de-stress, relax and recover, or you have specific pain, injury or postural issues that require treatment, we can provide for your needs. Our consultation and evaluation process together with our skilled touch, allow us to deliver the appropriate blend of traditional massage and advanced soft tissue techniques to fit your body’s needs and ensure the best possible treatment outcome whether you are 9 or 91.
How can Sports & Remedial Massage help?
Reduce muscular pain and stiffness leading to improved flexibility and ease of movement.
Calm the sympathetic nervous system, promote deep relaxation and reduce stress.
Manage and improve movement and postural dysfuction.
Enhance recovery from training, resolve tension and maintain a good range of movement, reducing the risk of injury.
Support the healing of injuries and promote the return to full activity.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Sport and Remedial Massage Therapy - BTEC Diploma -Level 5 (NLSSM) (2014)
- Swedish Massage - VTC (Level 3) (2012)
- Sport First Aid Certificate (Valid 2013 to 2016)
- Sports Massage Association – Full Member
Continuing Professional Development
- Rock Tape FMT 1 & 2
- Introduction to Muscle Testing,
- Sports Massage Association Conference 2014 & 2015
- The Mysteries of the Pelvis,
- Working with the Spine.
- Pregnancy & Post-Natal Remedial Massage.
Event Massage & Competitive Sports Experience
- Rugby World Cup – Japan Rugby Union Team Post Training Massage (2015)
- Australian Women’s Cricket Team (2015 Ashes Tour)
- UKcycling Events (2015 season)– Post-event massage at multiple South East Region Events
- Castle Triathlon Series - Bastion Ironman (2015), Hever Castle Triathlon (2015)
- ASA Regional Masters Long Course Championship - Exclusive Event Massage provider (Jan 2015)
- Pre- event massage - Brighton Marathon (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Post Event Massage – Brighton Half Marathon (2014, 2015)
- Royal Parks Half Marathon (2014)
- Post Event Massage – Brighton Brooks 10k (2013 & 2014)
- Burgess Hill Town Football Club - Post Training Massage (2013/14 season)
- Mid Sussex Marlins –National Squad (Age Group) Selected Swimmers Massage Program (2013)
- Event Massage - Neptune City Sevens Tournament (2013)
Photos & videos
1 hour - £40
30 mins - £20
1 hour session at your home - £60
Pregnancy or Post-natal massage (90 mins) - £60
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions