Street End Lane
The Alexander Technique is a method of self help and re-education addressing problems relating to poor posture and muscular-skeletal imbalances. Pain and restricted movement, balance, breathing and stress related symptoms are all areas I work with.
I use gentle guidance, with my hands, and verbal instructions to help you change the way you move and so address unhelpful habits. In this way I am working with the whole person - mind and body.
Most people feel very relaxed and more balanced after their lesson, have a sense of well being and poise, and empowered to help themselves.
I qualified as an Alexander Technique teacher in 1999 and run my practice at my home in Blagdon.
I welcome any questions and queries.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the Society on Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT)
- Qualified as a teacher of the Alexander Technique in 1999, at the Bristol Alexander School, having successfully completed a 3 year training.
- City and Guilds teaching adults qualification
- Teaching in private practice for 13 years
- Teacher at, and Assistant Director of, the Bristol Alexander School
- Run various day, weekend and week courses in Somerset and France
Introductory lesson : 1 hour duration £36
Subsequent lessons : 40-45 minutes long £28
The Alexander Technique is not only useful if you are in pain or discomfort, it is very helpful in helping to you improve your skills in all areas of life.
I work with musicians and sport people too, helping them to do what they want with more ease and therefore getting a better result.
My hobbies include painting and sewing, cycling and walking.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions