Street End Lane
The Alexander Technique is a method of self help and re-education addressing problems relating to poor posture and muscular-skeletal imbalances. Pain and restricted movement, balance, breathing and stress related symptoms are all areas I work with.
I use gentle guidance, with my hands, and verbal instructions to help you change the way you move and so address unhelpful habits. In this way I am working with the whole person - mind and body.
Most people feel very relaxed and more balanced after their lesson, have a sense of well being and poise, and empowered to help themselves.
I qualified as an Alexander Technique teacher in 1999 and run my practice at my home in Blagdon.
I welcome any questions and queries.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the Society on Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT)
- Qualified as a teacher of the Alexander Technique in 1999, at the Bristol Alexander School, having successfully completed a 3 year training.
- City and Guilds teaching adults qualification
- Teaching in private practice for 13 years
- Teacher at, and Assistant Director of, the Bristol Alexander School
- Run various day, weekend and week courses in Somerset and France
Introductory lesson : 1 hour duration £36
Subsequent lessons : 40-45 minutes long £28
The Alexander Technique is not only useful if you are in pain or discomfort, it is very helpful in helping to you improve your skills in all areas of life.
I work with musicians and sport people too, helping them to do what they want with more ease and therefore getting a better result.
My hobbies include painting and sewing, cycling and walking.
Maps & Directions