Atlas Physiotherapy Limited
Atlas Physiotherapy Ltd, located in Penrith and Carlisle, has a team of talented, innovated professionals with the best credentials. Our goal is to help you function and perform at your optimum level, whether at work, recovering from injury, participating in sport or just going about your day to day routine.
Our multidisciplinary team work together to provide an unparalleled wealth of experience and depth of knowledge accessible to all our clients and we cater for the individual, for sports teams, for businesses and we provide services to the NHS.
Having been established in Penrith in 2000, we expanded our services to Carlisle in 2004 following an invitation from the lead GP to provide services from their branch surgery in Harraby. Along with new premises, we also expanded our team and invested in new equipment and technology which is used to analyse, prevent, examine, treat and monitor injury.
At Atlas Physiotherapy Ltd we aim to provide a high quality, personal, professional and confidential service to all our clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
Mr Robert W. Bailey - Msc Physio (Manips), Grad Dip Phys, MCSP, M Soc Ortho Med, ACPOM, Dip Inj Ther
An ex-professional rugby player, Iron Man Triathlete & Director of Atlas Physiotherapy, Robert has over twenty years clinical experience. Having worked with professional and semi-professional sports persons he now specialises in sports injuries and spinal manipulation.
He is now one of only a few therapists within Cumbria to hold a Masters Degree in Manipulation and the only physiotherapist in Cumbria studying for his Doctorate. He has presented his research at the Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapists national conference in Nottingham and he continues to publish research in international journals.
Recently he has lectured on Sports Injuries at the England Football Association. He was physiotherapist to the Amateur Boxing Association, associated with the Great Britain Orienteering Squad and medical manager to the Manchester 2002 Commonwealth Games.
Miss Lyndsey Regan-Anderson - BSc (Hons) MCSP HPC WABBA RSA
Lyndsey worked for many years as an fitness instructor before completing her physiotherapy degree in 2009. She has a wealth of experience in exercise physiology and uses this to enhance her day to day contact with patients.
Lyndsey joins us on a part-time basis whilst continuing to devise safe and effective training programmes as well as teaching Pilates on a regular basis.
Mr Paul Quine - BSC (Hons)
After graduating Paul continued his professional development by completing a VTCT Level 4 Sports Massage Certificate. He has joined us on a part-time basis and spends the remainder of his week as an Ergonomics Assessor, whilst also volunteering his services at sporting events.
Member organisations *
Why choose Atlas Physiotherapy?
Here are some of the reasons why you can be confident in choosing Atlas Physiotherapy:
- Prompt appointments - No waiting lists, appointments usually within 48 hours
- Convenient appointment times - Evening & weekend appointments available
- Convenient locations - Penrith Town Centre, Harraby Surgery & surrounding areas
- Qualified staff - University graduates, members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- Diagnostic ultrasound scanning - The only Cumbrian clinic combining ultrasound scanning with gait analysis
- Advanced qualifications - member of the Society of Orthopaedic Medicine (an examination taken by both doctors & physiotherapists), qualified in acupuncture for pain relief
- Experience with professional & semi-professional sports persons- Wolverhampton Wanderers FC, Manchester Commonwealth Games 2002, Blackburn Rovers FC, England Amateur Boxing Association
- Movement analysis used in the prevention, examination, treatment and monitoring of an injury.
Maps & Directions