The Green Parrot
89 Market Place
01760 724704 / 07469 243052
Bowen Therapy originates from Australia, where it was created by Tom Bowen. He had studied many healing modalities and, it is said, that he created this technique from what he considered the best parts of all the other therapies.
21st Century science is now proving that using an intelligent, non-intrusive approach to treatment, without adjustment or manipulation, is fundamental in supporting the ability of the body in a process of self-healing ....and this is exactly what Bowen offers!
Bowen is performed using a gentle rolling action over specific areas of soft tissue, which sends a profound signal to the brain. Between sets of moves, the body is allowed to rest, which allows an opportunity for it to absorb the information it has received... and to then initiate the changes that are needed which allow balance and healing to occur.
- Bowen is suitable for everyone ….from babies to the frail and elderly.
- It is administered through light clothing and with the client lying, sitting or even standing.
- There is no manipulation or adjustment and it is very different to massage.
- The experience of Bowen is gentle, subtle and relaxing ….making it a unique therapy.
- Bowen has been shown that it may help with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions as well as musculo - skeletal injuries or problems.
- Many clients with busy and demanding life styles use Bowen as a means of stress management and general health maintenance .
- Although Bowen might be an ideal choice for those seeking a therapy for pain or reduced mobility….it has the potential to help with so much more. Conditions such as MS, ME, Hay Fever, Asthma, Eczema, IBS, Stress ….and the list could go on, have all been found to respond positively to Bowen.
- Bowen has been reported to affect a number of incidental factors :
- Improved quality of sleep
- Mood elevation
- Ability to focus and concentrate
- General relaxation
Training, qualifications & experience
My previous “life” was as a nurse and a midwife, holding many varied positions within the NHS and private healthcare for nearly 30 years. It was an extraordinary career and I have been privileged to share a whole range of experiences with amazing, brave people.
However, I have always had an interest in alternative therapies and have explored many. Learning the Bowen Technique was my first step away from my “day job” as a midwife and it has been an amazing experience to share this and other therapies with my clients….. witnessing that as their symptoms improved…so did their overall wellness.
As my knowledge of alternative healthcare has deepened, I have found myself moving further away from the medically based system of care that I had spent so long serving and into one that is based within the realms of energy medicine. As such, I now recognise that it is energy medicine that is fundamentally important in maintaining a balanced wellbeing.
Bowen Training with ECBS ...qualified July 2009
Professional Development Workshops and Specialist Training in : Fascia Bowen
: Kinetics Workshop
: Mother and Baby Bowen Workshop
I hour Clinic Sessions at The Green Parrot £40.00
Clinic Appointments at The Green Parrot every Tuesday and Thursday. Call 01760 724704 to book.
Also available : home appointments across West Norfolk for those who are unable to attend clinic. Fees £30.00 plus mileage.
I also offer : Shamanic Treatments
I run regular Shamanic Workshops and preparation for Motherhood classes (called Mamma Munay)
Please see my website for more information.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions
Home visits by arrangement