10 Odessa Street
I am Amanda York, a fully qualified, insured and mature Yoga Teacher, Personal Trainer and Neurolinguistic Programming Practitioner based in SE London.
The holistic health service I offer has evolved over 8 years of running my Gymanda company in the belief that optimum health comes from looking after every single cell of our being, hence I take the 'mind, body, spirit' approach to guide you to realising your better self.
Please get in touch if you're feeling out of kilter, anxious, fatigued, ungrounded, in need of a mental or physical re-balance or would like to learn the science of yoga to become a better version of yourself.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Health & Safety First Aid Regulations (1981)
- RSA Teaching Of Exercise to Music (September 1996)
- Raw Living Food Chef (Alissa Cohen Certification June 2008)
- VibroKinetix Vibro Trainer (Level 2 October 2008)
- YMCA Advanced Keiser Cycle – Spinning (May 2009)
- YMCA Supple Strength – Yoga & Pilates (September 2009)
- Posture Correction & Awareness – Intelligent Fitness (June 2010)
- Yoga Teacher – CYQ Level 3 – 260 Hours (September 2010 – April 2011)
- YMCA Advanced Personal Trainer Award
- NLP Practitioner
- Register of Exercise Professionals Certified Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Supple Strength Instructor
- St John’s Ambulance Sports First Aider
Starts @ £30/hour depending on level of service sought.
YOGA is Sanskrit for ‘join'; yoga joins mind, body and spirit.
Expect a typical session to start with initial relaxation, a mobilisation sequence, a series of twists, forward, back and side bends, balances and inversions.
You will be encouraged to move through the sequence mindfully and attuned with you energy during that particular session. Listen to your body.
Sessions can be at your home, outdoors or in the local studio.
We will also run through pranayama (breathing) and meditation techniques to help you live life on purpose.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions