10 Surrey Lodge
19 Surrey Road
My name is Amanda Press, I am a speech and language therapist with a passion for learning and developing strategies that support kids who have diagnoses such as autism, Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD, executive function skill difficulties and specific language impairments. Some times these students don't have a specific diagnosis but still experience social learning challenges and that's where its important to start! We look at how the individual student is presenting and what support and skills they need to become better social thinkers.
Does your child have difficulties with?
- Delayed or impaired development
- Specific language impairment
- Semantic and word finding difficulty
- Processing disorders
- Verbal Expression
- Narrative Therapy
Autism Spectrum Disorders AND Social Communication Disorders
- SCERTS (Social Communication Emotional Regulation Transactional Supports)
- Social Thinking and related social skills (Social Thinking™)
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Semantic Pragmatic Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
Our services are offered in schools, my clinic and home settings. I work with many dedicated and talented professionals and I am also a mother to 2 wonderful boys.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 2002 I qualified from City University, London, and I have worked with children of all ages with autism spectrum disorder, including Asperger’s and students with social learning challenges. I have currently completed a Masters in Psychology and Mental Health.
I have also worked within the NHS in schools and clinics with occupational therapists, psychologists, special educational teachers, play therapists and parents to assess plan and carry out intervention for children with ASD.
My services include:
- Assessment and written reports
- Goal setting and therapy programmes (individual and groups)
- School based therapy
- Home visits and support with behaviour management
- Attendance at annual reviews
- Joint working with NHS therapist and other service providers
- Collaborative working with an Occupational Therapist specialised in sensory integration and attachment disorders
- School Training and workshops
- Friendly and professional service from start to finish
Please contact me for more information on how I can support you and your child.
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions