35 Old Gloucester Road
Hello and thank you for viewing my profile. My name is Alexis and I began training in complementary therapies in 2010 because I enjoy making others feel good and helping them to cope with stress.
Having worked in education for a number of years, I wanted to pursue a career which continued to centre upon working with people in a caring way but with the opportunity and time to focus on treating each person very much as an individual, concentrating on their specific needs.
I founded and own zenmindbody, a holistic therapies service for ladies in and around Herefordshire. We currently provide professional, affordable reflexology, holistic massage, holistic facial, pregnancy massage, Bellabaci cupping massage and Indian head massage treatments using natural or organic products.
If you're feeling stressed or in need of a pamper, visit our therapy room at Ross-on-Wye Podiatry Practice. Alternatively, enjoy treatments in the comfort of your own home.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists. All qualifications are accredited by the VTCT, the longest standing awarding body for holistic and beauty qualifications, or by the FHT.
Current qualifications include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- Level 3 Award in Healthy Eating and Well-being for the Complementary Therapy Client
- Level 3 Holistic Massage
- Holistic Facials
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage
- Bellabaci cupping
- Pregnancy massage
- English Language and Communication (BA First Class Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Further Education (Distinction)
- Level 4 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- St John Ambulance Emergency First Aid at Work
Other available therapies
All first time appointments include a FREE 15 minute consultation. Please visit my website for further information about prices and special offers.
There are also a number of special offers including 20% off your first ever booking.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a relaxing treatment which involves a combination of soothing massage movements and specifically targeted firm pressure on the soles, top and sides of the feet.
Where did Reflexology originate?
Reflexology is an ancient therapy which is believed to have originated around 5,000 years ago. Evidence suggests that primitive forms of reflexology existed in ancient Egypt, India and China.
What are the benefits of Reflexology?
Many people comment that they experience a sense of deep relaxation and well-being during and following treatments. Some other benefits as a result of the relaxing nature of the treatment may include:
- relief from stress, anxiety and tension
- removal of wastes and toxins from the body
- improved mood
- improved sleep
- improved blood circulation
- drainage of lymph fluids associated with fluid retention (oedema) causing swelling in areas such as the ankles
- improved digestion
- support to the immune system
- stimulation of the release of endorphins, the body’s ‘feel good’ hormones and natural pain reliever
- aiding joint mobility in the area being massaged
If you have been diagnosed with or suspect you may have a pre-existing medical condition you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies, treatments or making any major changes in your diet or exercise programme.
Maps & Directions