Reiki level 2
Date & Time:14th - 15th October 2017, 9.30am - 5pm
Cost:£85 per day, Early bird discount available
Location:Heather Dawn Elemental Health - Traditional Therapy and Training
Gothic Cottage, Ackton Lane
- Find an event in your area
Traditional therapy training provides personal and professional development training and workshops for individuals, families and friends.
Personal development workshops enable you to develop skills for self-support and for the support of those close to you.
Complementary and holistic therapies support an individual on all levels of the body, mind and spirit and a positive state of mind can help support your personal health and well-being.
Reiki - Usui System
Reiki 2 - Ocuden
Usui System of natural healing unlocks the flow of energy within giver and receiver. Reiki is a simple yet powerful system, which when used responsibly can help restore balance to many aspects of life.
• learn the first three sacred symbols.
• attunement to Reiki 2
• creating an environment conducive to relaxation
• advanced techniques
• byoshen scanning
• modifying treatments to the needs of a client
• basic anatomy and physiology
• professional practice, consultation process and confidentiality
• client rights and consent
• practitioner roles and responsibilities
• record keeping
• how Reiki relates to health care
• developing and maintaining skills
• give and receive two treatments under supervision
By the end of the session learners will have advanced their skills in Reiki and have gained the skills to provide a professional Reiki treatment appropriate to a client’s needs.
Reiki 2 requirements:
• completion of 50 self -treatments and submission of your reflective learning journal
• two supervised/ assessed treatments with real clients
• completion of 75 hours case studies.
• submission of portfolio
If you wish to achieve practitioner level to meet National Occupational Standards you will need to complete the following prior to certification:
• assessment of 2 treatments and portfolio
• two additional treatments supervised/ assessed by a qualified Reiki practitioner
• two days guided learning in practice management, plus 20 hours home study (APL/APEL of practice management may be possible by providing evidence, to include ethics; legislation - including health and safety and confidentiality)
• you will need to receive and keep a reflective learning journal of 50 treatments that include the use of Reiki symbols; some can be self-treatments. A minimum of 10 should be provided by another practitioner, either distant or face-face (this can be arranged with peers by exchange).
The minimum Guided Learning Hours and Notional Hours of education and training required to become a Reiki Practitioner are be as follows:
Competency Guided Learning Hours Notional Hours Total Hours
Reiki Theory and Practical Skills 15 35 50
Practitioner Skills 20 40 60
Practice Management 10 20 30
Total 45 95 140
The training period from commencement to qualification must be a minimum of 9 months full-time training and education of 1 academic year of part-time training and education. This will include Reiki 1 training according to the particular style of Reiki being taught.
FHT. (2012). Reiki core curriculum. Available: http://www.fht.org.uk/mainwebsite/resources/document/reikicc030712.pdf. Last accessed 16th April 2015.
Price: £85 per person per day (based on 4 learners attending)
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: book and pay deposit 6 weeks in advance and receive 20% off
About the host
With over 22 years experience in complementary therapies. Heather is a qualified teacher - Cert Ed and full member of the Education and Training Foundations Society of Education and Training (MSET).
Heather teaches privately and has delivered training for a number or organisations, including charities, colleges and the NHS.