Mindful movement Mondays class/short course
Date & Time:16th January - 3rd April 2017, 10am - 11.15am
Cost:£7.50 per 75 minute class. Block bookings only.
Location:Gorse Covert Community Centre
- Find an event in your area
In 2017 I'm going to start the week as I mean to go on with mindful movement Mondays: a relaxing, feel-good class with a basis in Hanna Somatics and Yoga for tension release, mobility, flexibility, better movement and increased well-being.
Maybe you'd like to join me?
Essentially, I see this as an 11-week course. To ensure good continuity with teaching the sequential and progressive content, when allocating places, priority will be given to those booking both blocks. It may be that a regular class develops after Easter.
Block one: four sessions between 16th January and 6th February - £30.00.
Block two: seven sessions between 20th February and 3rd April - £52.50.
How do I sign up?
Contact me. I will send sign up and payment details. Payment in advance to confirm bookings.
Essential - Yoga mat.
Useful (or essential is you are stiff/sore/find certain positions uncomfortable) - blanket/towel/cushion.
Who is it for? Everyone.
Maybe you'd like to:
- Make positive changes in the new year?
- Reduce the effects of stress.
- Learn to relax.
- Feel calmer.
- Meditate but find it difficult to sit.
- Slow down the pace of your life.
- Move more.
- Try an enjoyable yet therapeutic movement practice.
- Feel greater comfort in your body.
- Get back to activities you love.
- Learn easy, therapeutic movements that you can do on your own.
- To stop multitasking and start focussing.
- Start a new activity with a with a friend.
- Maybe you've read about mindfulness-based stress reduction and think it could help you.
- Maybe you're stiff or feel less flexible than you used to be, and want to regain flexibility and mobility.
- Maybe you'd like your body to feel less tense.
- Maybe your nervous system feels jittery and on red alert, and you'd like to wind it down.
- Maybe your doctor has suggested you take up Yoga or Pilates.
- Maybe you already move quite a lot... but there are still parts of you not getting full movement nutrition.
- Maybe you already do lots of vigorous exercise and are looking for a counterpoint.
- Maybe you suffer from aches and pains.
- Maybe you are living with persistent pain.
- Maybe you're sick of the cult of 'busy'.
- Maybe you'd like a slow start to the week with a lazy, nurturing, therapeutic class and a nice cup of coffee and chat at the café next door.
- Maybe you just want to move, relax and enjoy.
- Maybe this class is for you? :-)
About the host
Background in classroom teaching, I began transitioning to mind-body modalities 9 years ago. I am a Yoga teacher, Pilates PT, qualified for exercise referral-back pain specialism, pain educator, somatic movement coach & clinical somatic educator. Interests: Feldenkrais, mindfulness; Alexander technique neuroscience, pain science, lifelong learning.