IFPA Level 4 Diploma in professional aromatherapy (module 2)
Date & Time:16th - 20th October 2017, 9.30am - 4pm
Location:Shirley Price Aromatherapy Ltd
8 Hawley Road
- Find an event in your area
This course is the second module of the level 4 diploma course IFPA. This course contains:
- Recap health & safety documents.
- Explain the terms voluntary and statutory regulations.
- Explain the IFPA code of ethics and practice and how they should be implemented by aromatherapists.
- Expanding the definition of essential oils and where they come from.
- Explore plant medicine including the genus of essential oils and the origins of plant family names.
- Recap steam distillation and examine solvent extraction identifying oils produced by each method.
- Describe the essential oil from the Lamiaceae family, chemistry, properties, uses and hazards.
- Practical demonstrations and perform scalp massage.
- The process of extracting additional carrier oils and their plant families.
- Chemistry – introduction to organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Practical applications of knowledge in the workplace.
- Anatomy and Physiology – more about the skin, fat solubles, small molecules, main absorption points, lipid solubility, osmosis, dissociation.
- Effects of essential oils and assessments of skin.